Let's be honest side dishes are the true stars of the show.
This Thanksgiving, consider elevating your dessert game with the addition of a Cranberry Pie to your menu. Move over traditional choices; the Cranberry Pie is here to redefine sweet endings. Picture the scene: a flaky, golden crust cradling a symphony of tart cranberries, creating a flavor profile that's both sophisticated and comforting. Its deep red hues add a burst of seasonal elegance, turning your dessert spread into a visual masterpiece. The best part? It effortlessly straddles the line between sweet and tart, offering a delightful twist on tradition. Embrace the easy elegance of this dessert, as its tantalizing aroma fills your home, creating an atmosphere of warmth and anticipation. It's not just a pie; it's a storytelling dessert, sparking conversations and becoming a memory etched in the hearts of your Thanksgiving guests.
This year, let the Cranberry Pie be the centerpiece of your celebration, a delicious testament to gratitude and the joy of bringing people together. Your taste buds—and your coworkers—will thank you.
**For the Crust:**
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3-4 tablespoons ice water
**For the Filling:**
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
**For the Topping:**
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1. **Prepare the Crust:**
- In a food processor, combine flour, sugar, and salt. Add chilled butter cubes and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Slowly add ice water, one tablespoon at a time, and pulse until the dough comes together.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface, shape it into a disc, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
2. **Preheat the Oven:**
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
3. **Roll Out the Crust:**
- Roll out the chilled dough on a floured surface to fit a 9-inch pie dish. Carefully transfer the crust to the pie dish, trim the edges, and crimp as desired.
4. **Prepare the Filling:**
- In a large bowl, combine cranberries, sugar, orange juice, orange zest, cornstarch, and vanilla extract. Toss until the cranberries are well coated.
5. **Fill the Pie:**
- Pour the cranberry mixture into the prepared pie crust, spreading it evenly.
6. **Make the Topping:**
- In a bowl, combine flour, rolled oats, brown sugar, and softened butter. Mix until crumbly.
7. **Top the Pie:**
- Sprinkle the oat mixture evenly over the cranberry filling.
- Place the pie on a baking sheet to catch any drips and bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes or until the crust is golden and the filling is bubbly.
9. **Cool and Serve:**
- Allow the pie to cool before slicing. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream if desired.
This Cranberry Pie is a beautiful addition to your Thanksgiving dessert spread, offering a perfect balance of sweetness and tartness. Enjoy! 🥧✨